Swimming III ConditioningLWA 174
Prerequisite: LWA 173 Acquaints the student with the basic principles of cardiovascular fitness and strength in order to increase these components of fitness through swimming. Credit may be earned in LW 174 or LWA 174 but not in both. (0-30)
Outcomes and Objectives
Describe and explain the concepts and components of Swimming III.
- Describe and explain the hydrodynamics of efficient swimming.
- Describe and explain a minimum of five components of an effective swimming workout.
- List the safety rules of swimming.
- Describe and explain a minimum of five of the physical fitness benefits of swimming on a regular basis.
- Describe and explain the benefits of maintaining a journal of their swimming progress.
Demonstrate the concepts and components of Swimming III.
- Demonstrate a proficiency in the following swimming strokes:
- Demonstrate both open and flip turns.
- Develop a sound swimming workout and demonstrate the ability to complete the workout.
- Demonstrate the proper use of aqua fins and gloves.
- Swim a mile in 40 minutes.
- Demonstrate the following safety skills: