Dance AerobicsLWA 153
Provides information and skills needed to assess and improve fitness through the use of aerobic dance, exercises to music, and analysis of personal nutrition habits. Credit may be earned in LW 153 or LWA 153 but not in both. (0-30)
Outcomes and Objectives
Describe and explain the concepts and components of Dance Aerobics.
- List and describe the components of Physical Fitness and how a Dance Aerobics class can improve each one.
- Define and describe cardiac output and stroke volume as it relates to cardio respiratory conditioning.
- Define and describe Calorie, Carbohydrate, Fat, Protein, and list recommended daily allowances.
- Define and describe the aerobic and anaerobic energy systems and identify activities that use each of them.
- Describe and define the basic muscular anatomy of the human body.
- List the benefits from regular participation in an aerobic program.
- Define and describe Maximum Heart Rate, Resting Heart Rate, Metabolism, and Target Heart Rate.
- Describe the importance of a warm-up and cool-down to physical activity.
- Recognize and describe various myths related to health and fitness.
Demonstrate the concepts and components of Dance Aerobics.
- Demonstrate how to calculate percent of calories from Protein, Fat, and Carbohydrates in a diet.
- Demonstrate how to take, monitor, and calculate personal heart rates.
- Choreograph and instruct a segment of a Dance Aerobics class incorporating safe techniques.