Introduces the fundamental movements of Jiu-jitsu. Provides opportunity in sport specific strength and conditioning. Pre- and post-fitness assessment testing will be administered. (15-15)
Outcomes and Objectives
Describe and explain the concepts and components of Jujitsu.
- List and describe the five health-related components of fitness and explain how they apply to Jujitsu.
- List the six essential nutrients, the caloric value and food source of each, and the relationship of each nutrient to the current Food Guide Pyramid.
- Identify the location of the following large muscle groups and give examples of strengthening exercises for each:
- Describe and explain the following Jujitsu body positions and their intent:
- Describe and explain the following Jujitsu submissions and explain defenses for each:
Demonstrate the concepts and components of Jujitsu.
- Correctly perform the following body positions:
- Correctly perform the following Jujitsu submissions:
- Demonstrate how to take, monitor, and calculate resting heart rates, maximum heart rates, exercise heart rates, and training zones.