Tae Kwon Do ILWA 113
an introduction to non-contact martial arts stressing technique and qualities of respect, self-discipline, and skills of self-defense. Credit may be earned in LW 113 or LWA 113 but not in both. (0-30)
Outcomes and Objectives
Explain the concepts and components of Tae Kwon Do I.
- Describe and explain the origin and different styles of the art of Tae Kwon Do.
- List the physical and mental benefits of learning Tae Kwon Do.
- List the flexibility and stretching exercises used as warm-up activities in Tae Kwon Do.
- Describe and explain the self-defense applications of Tae Kwon Do.
- Describe and explain the long term maintenance of mind and body developed through Tae Kwon Do techniques.
- Define the six Theories of Power of Tae Kwon Do.
Demonstrate the concepts and components of Tae Kwon Do I.
- Perform personalized flexibility and stretching exercises.
- Perform the following technical motions:
- Demonstrate the ability to perform the art of Tae Kwon Do through execution of the following activities: