Heavy Duty Diesel HydraulicsHDD 209W
Prerequisites: Prerequisites: HDD 202 and HDD 206 both with a grade of "C" (2.
0) or better. Corequisites: HDD 203W, HDD 207, and HDD 210. Practices the service and repair of heavy duty diesel hydraulics. Practices NATEF tasks related to heavy duty diesel hydraulics. (45-25)
Outcomes and Objectives
Complete NATEF tasks related to hydraulic system of heavy duty diesel vehicle as listed below.
- General Hydraulics System Operation
- Filtration/Reservoirs (Tanks)
- Hoses, Fittings, and Connections
- Control Valves
- Actuators (Comply with manufacturers’ and industry accepted safety practices associated with equipment lock out/tag out; pressure line release; implement/support (blocked or resting on ground); and articulated cylinder devices/machinery safety locks.)