German TwoGE 112
Prerequisite: GE 111 or one year of high school German. A continuation of GE 111. (60-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
The students will acquire the basic language skills--speaking listening, reading, writing--needed for communication in French at the advanced-elementary level. While studying German the students will become familiar with certain aspects of the culture of Germany.
- Speak about the weather.
- Form sentences with the dative case.
- Use possessives.
- Distinguish between dative and accusative preposition.
- Become further attuned to the nuances of the language.
- Become more immersed in the language, culture and history by reading and discussing selected literature.
- Formulate written and oral statements with reflexive verbs.
- Demonstrate the correct use of interrogative adjectives.
- Construct sentences with imperatives--affirmative and negative--with and without object pronouns.
- Demonstrate correct usage of masculine and feminine forms of adjectives.
- Structure sentences in the past tense.
- Demonstrate the correct usage of interrogative pronouns and demonstrative adjectives.