Strategy & Tactics for Initial Company OfficerFST 220
Meets the needs of company officers responsible for managing the operations of one or more companies during structural firefighting operations. (15-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate knowledge and selected skills for the management of one or more fire companies during fireground operations.
- Define the relationship between priorities, strategy, tactics, and implementation in the command sequence.
- Select appropriate ventilation tactics based upon identified ventilation principles and tactical considerstions.
- Select and deploy appropriate resources required to support fire confinement and extinguishment.
- Identify the principles of water supply tactics and size up considerations.
- Identify and explain the activities required to support incident operations.
- Use the communications model and command sequence in decision-making.