Introduction to French CultureFR 113W
Prerequisites: Prerequisites: READING LEVEL 3.
Examines various aspects of French Culture. Studies history, geography, business practices, contributions in the domain of the arts, and the characteristics of contemporary France. Conducts course in English. (30-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Use research, oral presentations, and brief writings to demonstrate learning.
- Demonstrate the learning of concepts through oral presentations and brief writings.
- Use appropriate electronic, cinematographic, and print sources to gather information.
- Analyze, summarize, and use the information gathered in short written reports and presentations.
- Formulate short written reactions to readings.
Compare and contrast differences between one’s own culture and French culture.
- Identify customs, traditions, and values of French culture that are both similar to and different from the students’ culture.
- Compare some of the cultural differences that exist between French culture and the students’ culture.
- Examine and explain one’s attitudes about French culture.
Describe the richness and diversity of French culture.
- Identify several French-speaking countries and regions.
- Describe various aspects of French culture as illustrated by the readings, research, or visual media read or presented as part of this course.
- Explain the social and historical context of customs, values, and traditions from a variety of historical periods and French-speaking countries or regions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of contemporary France.