Introduction To Environmental Health & SafetyENV 105
Prerequisites: Prerequisites: READING LEVEL 2 and WRITING LEVEL 2 and MATH LEVEL 2.
Introduces students to the safety requirements and regulations needed to successfully direct a safety program on an industrial site. (45-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Recognize general safety requirements necessary on an industrial site.
- Identify requirements of a site safety plan and an emergency plan.
- Explain permitting requirements.
Recognize Public Health Standards (OSHA/MIOSHA) necessary on an industrial site.
- Cite public health standards pertaining to asbestos, lead, noise, and hazard communications.
- Discuss requirements for respirators and supplied air breathing apparatus.
- Discuss requirements for personal protective equipment (PPE)
Recognize Public Safety Standards (OSHA/MIOSHA) necessary on an industrial site.
- List evacuation and trenching requirements.
- List fall protection requirements.
- Identify signs, signals, and barricades requirements.
- Identify forklift truck requirements.
Recognize safety tools recommended that support a safety program on an industrial site.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Hazard Analysis Process.
- Discuss the Behavior Based Safety Process.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Root Cause Analysis.
- Demonstrate an understanding of auditing and measurements.
- Identify defensive driving.