Writing Center PracticumENG 260W
Prerequisite: A "C" grade or better in a college level composition I course or permission of instructor. Presents the theory and principles behind being a peer writing tutor. Requires application of knowledge through tutoring actual students in the Writing Center. (3-12)
Outcomes and Objectives
Learn by reading books and/or articles about the theories and principles behind the tutoring of writing.
- Demonstrate ability to understand and discuss key concepts in the reading.
Tutor actual students effectively and ethically.
- Tutor students to help them improve their writing.
- Demonstrate an ability to help students without doing the work for them.
- Exhibit an understanding, while tutoring, of the unique ethics involved in such a setting.
Learn by reflecting on tutoring experiences.
- Demonstrate an ability to critique the quality of a tutoring session through one-on-one conferences with instructor, class-wide discussion, and written self-reflection.