Advanced Creative WritingENG 257
Prerequisites: Prerequisites: ENG 253, ENG 254, or ENG 256.
Uses previous background in creative non-fiction, fiction, poetry or screenwriting. Includes work on style, voice, tone, vision, and other nuances in chosen genre. Includes peer critique, instructor comments, and extensive revision. (45-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Generate original work in chosen genre.
- Write creative non-fiction, fiction, poetry, or script pages on a range of subject matter.
- Develop skills with style, voice, tone, and other nuances of the genre.
- Develop a vision of the world and express that vision in writing.
Revise and edit original work.
- Rewrite work in an effort to improve it.
- Demonstrate an understanding of revision for the chosen genre.
Participate effectively in workshops and/or conferences with the instructor.
- Give and receive verbal and written responses to student work.
- Demonstrate a receptive, yet discerning, attitude towards feedback.
- Apply verbal and written feedback constructively.