Thematic Approaches to LiteratureENG 224W
Prerequisites: Prerequisites: READING LEVEL 3 and any approved College Composition I course with a minimum grade of C.
Examines a body of literature organized by the selection of material either from the works of one author, genre, or topic, or a combination thereof (e.g. science fiction, war novel, thrillers, horror, etc.). Course content to be announced each semester prior to registration. Credit may be earned in only one of ENG 224W, ENG 224HW, LIT 224W or LIT 224HW. (45-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Analyze literature in the subject area.
- Interpret the meanings of literary works.
- Identify various literary genres.
- Demonstrate analytical understanding through writing.
- Demonstrate an understanding of multiple theoretical approaches.
Participate in writing to learn activities.
- Perform writing tasks to promote learning.
- Write effectively for a specific audience and purpose.
- Demonstrate the learning of concepts through writing.
Demonstrate an understanding of the diverse nature of the cultural and historical context for this body literature.
- Objectives determined by course.