Mass MediaENG 115
Surveys books, newspapers, magazines, recordings, film, radio, television, advertising, public relations and electronics. Includes media history operations, products, current issues and criticisms (45-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Define basic information about print and electronic media.
- Identify the functions of each
- Describe the operations of each.
- Outline the history of each.
Analyze and research media issues.
- Explain the media's role in society both orally and in writing.
- Identify major media issues and write about one in-depth.
Investigate media opportunities.
- Describe visits to media sites.
- Interview media professionals and write a job description.
Interpret the effectiveness of the media in today's society.
- Evaluate and write about the print and electronic media's coverage of major news events.
- Distinguish between strengths and weaknesses of the media.