Directing for Public Broadcasting TVEMB 285
Prerequisites: Prerequisites: EMB 151, EMB 284 both with "C" (2.
0) minimum grade, and discipline approval. Provides advanced, practical experience through Delta College's Public Broadcasting facilities. Gives opportunities to direct and assist with productions of on-air broadcast programs. (30-15)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate advanced audio and video production techniques with emphasis on independent performance of related tasks.
- Act as production assistant for locally produced programs on WDCQ/WDCP.
- Operate studio and field video production cameras and equipment.
- Perform non-linear post production editing for locally produced programs.
- Assist in directing and/or studio crew positions for live local programming.
Demonstrate advanced directing, pre-production, and programming skill sets with relation to the daily operation of a public broadcast station with emphasis on independent performance of related tasks.
- Act as director for locally produced programs on WDCQ/WDCP.
- Examine programming procedures and practices of WDCQ/WDCP.
- Assist as needed with master control operations of WDCQ/WDCP.
- Perform other related tasks as needed at the direction of the practicum facilitator.
- Provide weekly progress reports to EMB program coordinator.
- Provide reflective self-examination of performance at conclusion of course.