Producing for Public Broadcasting TVEMB 284
Prerequisites: Prerequisites: EMB 151 with minimum grade of "C" (2.
0) and discipline approval. Provides advanced, practical experience through Delta College's Public Broadcasting facilities. Gives opportunities to produce and assist with productions of on-air broadcast programs. (30-15)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate advanced audio and video production techniques.
- Act as production assistant for locally produced programs on WDCQ/WDCP.
- Operate studio and filed video production cameras and equipment.
- Assist with non-linear post production editing for locally produced programs.
- Assist in producing and/or studio crew positions for live local programming.
Demonstrate advanced production and pre-production skill sets with relation to the daily operation of a public broadcast station.
- Assist as producer for locally produced programs on WDCQ/WDCP.
- Examine programming procedures and practices of WDCQ/WDCP.
- Assist as needed with master control operations of WDCQ/WDCP.
- Perform other related tasks as needed at the direction of the instructor.
- Provide weekly progress reports to EMB program coordinator.
- Provide reflective self examination of performance at conclusion of course.