Peripheral Multimedia ApplicationsEMB 154
Introduces and familiarizes student with operational elements of digital media, computer operating systems/platforms and peripheral multimedia applications which support and enhance digital non-linear video editing. Concentrates primarily on audio soundtracks, animated text, graphic design and proper compression for delivery to a variety of digital mediums. Emphasizes specific programs within the Macintosh OSX system. (15-30)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate an understanding of the history and development of computer operating systems, their purpose and functions.
- Comprehend and identify primary individuals and companies involved in the development of the major computer operating systems, non-linear editing and graphical applications.
- Identify significant benchmarks in the development of the major computer operating systems, non-linear editing and graphical applications.
Comprehends uses, operation of, interface navigation and file structure hierarchies within the Macintosh OSX operating system.
- Experience through hands-on operation, the user interface of the Macintosh OSX operating system.
- Navigate the root level user interface and execute the movement, manipulation and assignment of assorted media files within the Macintosh OSX operating system.
Comprehends integration of advanced electronic media applications within the Macintosh OSX operating system.
- Utilizes the Macintosh OSX operating system in the operation and configuration of advanced multimedia applications including non-linear editing, digital media creation and graphical design.
Comprehend the various uses of secondary multimedia applications as they apply to non-linear digital video editing.
- Identify the different types of peripheral multimedia applications that may be used to enhance a non-linear digital video project.
- Examine the proper use of secondary multimedia applications and comprehend how they may be used to enhance a non-linear digital video production.
Comprehend how, when properly used, peripheral multimedia applications can improve the aural and visual aesthetics of a non-linear digital video production.
- Examine digital video productions completed with and without peripheral multimedia applications.
- Identify the differences between digital video productions completed with and without peripheral multimedia applications.