Media Production IEMB 151
Prerequisite: READING LEVEL 3 and WRITING LEVEL 3. Introduces basic video production methods and equipment, including non-linear editors, video cameras and supporting hardware. Emphasizes developing comprehension of communication using visual and aural mediums, and the variety of media types and formats available. Introduces the basic production skills necessary for developing media projects. Uses Television Labs, Studios and equipment to instruct students in basic elements of video and audio acquisition and production. (40-20)
Outcomes and Objectives
Acquire basic understanding of video and audio media acquisition and become familiar with basic methods and terminology of editing video multimedia.
- Demonstrate basics of visual composition and acquisition utilizing digital video cameras, microphones and other recording devices.
- Identify a variety of media files and formats and describe differences, uses, and application within the context of media productions.
Comprehend and demonstrate ability in basic video production techniques and visual literacy.
- Demonstrate basic video camera operation and media production methods.
- Comprehend visual literacy through proper shot composition and framing.
- Apply techniques to successfully complete video lab and project works.
Acquire knowledge of basic producing skills, including production planning methods and scripting.
- Use scripting techniques in a variety of formats.
- Apply production-planning techniques, incorporating outlines, scripts, storyboards & timeliness.