Digital Film CapstoneEM 280
Prerequisites: Prerequisites: EMB 155 & ENG 258 with a grade of "C" or better.
Provides experience in designing and producing digital short and/or partial feature films as part of production teams. Identifies, through teamwork, the specific production and postproduction needs for the projects and evaluates the clarity and quality of the writing, production design, and overall digital film product generated. (15-45)
Outcomes and Objectives
Study professional film productions and demonstrate the ability to critically examine director styles and production techniques.
- Develop film aesthetics.
- Present and discuss critical analysis of professionally produced film productions.
- Identify production styles and techniques that could be emulated to enhance team produced student productions.
Develop teamwork and interpersonal communication skills on a professional level.
- Coordinate efforts with team members to organize and maximize the various abilities of the team's members.
- Apply professional communication skills to determine the pre-production needs for selected digital film productions.
Identify digital film productions to be produced and meet with producers/directors to ascertain unique and specific pre-production, production and post-production needs.
- Identify media products necessary to meet producer/director needs in the most effective and appropriate way.
- Determine timeline and deadlines for individual elements to be completed.
Design production plan for each facet of overall digital films to be produced.
- Create a unified media concept for implementation in all facets of the project.
- Determine continuity of media elements and individuals who will be given specific assignments to coincide with predetermined timeline.
Apply skills in each individual production position within the team to effectively meet the specific needs of the selected digital film production.
- Apply knowledge to achieve specific and quantifiable results.
- Coordinate with team members to achieve continuity in each facet of the project.
Deliver final product to producers/directors and instructor for evaluation and presentation.
- Complete all elements of production for execution and delivery.
- Submit final product for evaluation and presentation.