Classroom Assessment TechniquesEDU 399AW
Prerequisite: Open to all full and part-time faculty and staff and by permission of instructor. Introduces classroom assessment techniques (CATs) and their use across disciplines. Develops and applies a variety of CATs to formatively assess different types of learning and student development. Credit may be earned in ED 399AW or EDU 399AW but not both. (7.5-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Design and implement Classroom Assessment Techniques (CATs).
- Design and Administer simple and complex Classroom Assessment Techniques.
- Identify teaching goals for one or more courses using a Teaching Goal Inventory. (Distinguish a teaching goal from a course learning outcome.)
Design and implement strategies for improving student learning based on information obtained from CATs.
- Analyze information obtained from the administration of CATs and use it to develop a plan of actions to enhance student learning.
- Identify and explain common problems that can occur with the use of CATs. Develop strategies for avoiding such problems.
- Identify ways to improve upon the CATs implemented.
- Evaluate the effects on student learning from using CATs.