Introduction to Distance LearningEDU 397
Prerequisites: Prerequisites: Open to all full and part-time faculty and staff and by permission of instructor.
Teaches strategies for distance education technology, with particular emphasis on instructional design, two-way interactive television (ITV), for application in any field. Credit may be earned in ED 397 or EDU 397 but not both. (45-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
On completion of this course, the student will be able to demonstrate competency in the adaptation of traditional courses to the ITV format using distance education equipment.
- Demonstrate use of the equipment connected with ITV.
- Modify a teaching style when necessary.
- Dress, speak, and move in an appropriate manner for ITV.
- Foster student participation.
- Create a collaborative learning environment.
- Use inter-site student competition constructively.
- Make discussions work.
- Use small group exercises effectively.
- Use visual aids effectively.
- Use PowerPoint presentation software in the classroom.