Educating for Global Participation with ModuleEDU 370W
Prerequisite: Open to all full and part-time faculty and staff and by permission of instructor. Assists educators in various aspects of global education, including exploring the meaning of global education, developing and participating in learning abroad experiences, and discussing how educators can help students, colleagues, and members of the community become more globally educated. Requires class module or project. Credit may be earned in ED 370 or EDU 370 but not both. (45-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate awareness and understanding of the importance and usefulness of Global Education for the 21st century.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the interconnectedness of human activity and the impact on others at various levels of (local, national, international).
- Increase awareness of resources, organizations, and institutes for additional information and professional development in the areas of Global Peace and Sustainability.
Demonstrate an understanding of the complex, interdisciplinary nature of our global society, and apply this understanding in courses taught or in related projects.
- Recognize that there are many different perspectives to a single issue (such as-poverty, crime, hate, injustice).
- Demonstrate the ability to write about a single issue from various perspectives (economic, historical, environmental, political).
- Analyze global issues from a sustainability perspective (people, planet, profit)
- Demonstrate the application of flexible, creative and positive problem solving strategies to complex global issues.
- Facilitate an interdisciplinary dialog among students in the courses they teach or incorporate global interdisciplinary understanding in a project or initiative.
Develop and implement a Global Peace Studies module or project for infusion into one of their primary courses or related college activities.
- Create a module that facilitates the development of student awareness and knowledge of global issues, and help them develop the skills necessary to participate globally in a positive manner.
- Assess the module or project’s effectiveness in developing a global perspective among students and/or participants.