Educating for Global Participation with TravelEDU 369W
Prerequisite: Open to all full and part-time faculty and staff and by permission of instructor. Assists educators in various aspects of global education, including exploring the meaning of global education, developing and participating in learning abroad experiences, and discussing how educators can help students, colleagues, and members of the community become more globally educated. Requires participation in a learning abroad experience. Credit may be earned in ED 369 or EDU 369 but not both. (45-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate awareness and understanding of the importance and usefulness of Global Education for the 21st century.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the interconnectedness of human activity and the impact on others at various levels of (local, national, international).
- Increase awareness of resources, organizations, and institutes for additional information and professional development in the areas of Global Peace and Sustainability.
Demonstrate an understanding of the complex, interdisciplinary nature of our global society, and apply this understanding in courses taught or in related projects.
- Recognize that there are many different perspectives to a single issue (such as-poverty, crime, hate, injustice).
- Demonstrate the ability to write about a single issue from various perspectives (economic, historical, environmental, political).
- Analyze global issues from a sustainability perspective (people, planet, profit)
- Demonstrate the application of flexible, creative and positive problem solving strategies to complex global issues.
- Facilitate an interdisciplinary dialog among students in the courses they teach or incorporate global interdisciplinary understanding in a project or initiative.
Demonstrate the knowledge needed to develop and lead high quality, safe, and affordable learning abroad experiences sponsored by Delta College or another approved institution.
- Apply the process for proposing and developing approved learning abroad experiences at Delta College or another approved institution.
- Demonstrate familiarity with processes needed to organize and lead a learning abroad experience.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the educational requirements needed for an approved credit or non-credit learning abroad experience.
- Practice group and independent travel skills to maximize educational goals.