Clinical Seminar IIDMS 206W
Prerequisites: Prerequisites: DMS 112, DMS 113, DMS 114, DMS 115, DMS 116, and DMS 117, all with a "B" (3.
0) minimum grade. Concurrent enrollment in DMS 201, DMS 202, DMS 207, LWA 206B, and LWA 206C. Provides a clinical overview of sonographic procedures of the abdomen, pelvis, fetus, and superficial parts. Emphasizes identification of pathology, recognition of disease processes, sonographic differentials, and clinical correlation. (7.5-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate perceptive skills in recognizing normal and abnormal sonographic patterns and discuss methods to produce high quality diagnostic sonograms.
- Show proficiency in recognizing normal vs. abnormal sonographic patterns in all areas of general sonography including basic vascular, muscleskeletal, and neuro sonography.
- Determine the differential diagnosis when analyzing hard copy film.
- Determine if an exam is of high quality and how to improve the quality if not.
- Demonstrate cognitive writing skills necessary to prepare case reports, articles, and abstracts relating to sonography.
- Present orally and in writing assigned case studies from all areas of general sonography.
- Discuss patient history, clinical findings, normal and abnormal anatomy, differential diagnosis, and associated findings for each case presented.
- Discuss proper scanning techniques.