Case Study Documentation IIDH 222W
Prerequisites: Prerequisites: DH 210, DH 213, DH 214, DH 215, DH 216, and DH 219 each with a "C" (2.
0) minimum grade. Corequisites: DH 225, DH 227, DH 228, DH 229, and LWA 206C. Provides further opportunity to present specific case documentation on dental patients' conditions/treatments. (22.5-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate the ability to develop case presentation skills to present to peers and Dental Hygiene faculty in oral presentations and written reports.
- Obtain, review, and update medical and dental histories.
- Recognize health conditions and medications that impact overall patient care.
- Select, obtain, and interpret diagnostic information recognizing its advantages and limitations.
- Recognize predisposing and etiologic risk facts that require intervention to treat and prevent disease.
- Use assessment findings, etiologic factors, and clinical data to determine a hygiene diagnosis.
- Establish a collaborative relationship with the patient in the planned care.
- Identify patient needs and significant findings that impact the delivery of hygiene services.
- Establish a planned sequence of care.
- Implement dental hygiene interventions.
- Analyze the outcomes of hygiene interventions using indices, instruments, examination techniques, and patient self-report.
- Evaluate the patient's satisfaction with the oral healthcare received and the oral healthcare status achieved.
- Plan and provide subsequent treatment or referrals based on evaluation findings.
- Develop and maintain a health maintenance program.
- Apply interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with the target audience.
- Apply professional judgment and ethical conduct when presenting material.
- Respond appropriately to feedback and questions.
Demonstrate computer skills in building an oral presentation.
- Obtain a complete full mouth series of radiographs utilizing the CDR (Computer Digital Radiographs) system.
- Manipulate CDR radiographs for proper contrast and density.
- Complete a set of intra-oral photos utilizing the CDR system.
- Demonstrate the ability to copy and paste from the CDR system to Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Scan dental charts and records into Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Produce a computer presentation.