Clinical PracticeDA 121W
Prerequisites: Prerequisites: DA 106W, DA 110, DA 110LW, DA 113W, DA 114W, DA 117W, and HSC 140 with a "C" (2.
0) minimum grade in each. Concurrent enrollment in DA 120, DA 120LW, DA 125W, and DA 125LW. Provides the opportunity to apply practical skills in a clinical setting. Requires assignments in off-campus facilities and dental hygiene clinics. (0-45)
Outcomes and Objectives
Apply practical dental assisting skills in clinical settings.
- Observe and participate in specialty dental settings.
- Observe and participate in general dental settings.
- Observe and participate in dental hygiene clinics.
- Observe and participate in various community dental health assignments.
Complete written reports on experiences.
- Complete experience report for each clinical setting.
- Complete evaluation of experiences.
Develop communication skills in a dental setting.
- Share experiences with fellow classmates and instructor.
- Provide dental information to patients in a positive manner.
- Verbally relate to dental health care team.
- Ask pertinent questions of dental health care team.