Business Information Technology CapstoneCST 284W
Prerequisites: Prerequisites: CST 155, CST 204, CST 257, and MGT 153W all with a minimum grade of "C" or permission of instructor.
Serves as the capstone course in the Business & Information Technology degree program. Includes development of a career portfolio to illustrate professionalism and business technology skills. Uses technology to research and analyze topics including careers in business, certifications, and job search preparation, as well as issues related to current information technology topics. Recommended to be taken in the last semester of a student's business and information technology program. (15-15)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate the use of appropriate computer resources in the business environment.
- Identify and develop a research project on a subject relevant to current topics and/or future changes in business and information technology
- Demonstrate the results of research concerning careers in business, certification, job search techniques, and tools using the Internet and other sources.
- Develop a career/learning portfolio and other job-seeking tools using appropriate technology.
Demonstrate knowledge of business and information technology requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize various software programs to appropriate business applications.
- Identify appropriate ethical behavior as it relates to technology and corporate policies.
Demonstrate professionalism in the workplace.
- Practice oral and written presentation and communication skills.
- Research opportunities and practice networking.