A+ Certification PrepCST 278
Prerequisites: Prerequisites: CST 128 AND CST 228 both with a minimum grade of "C.
" Prepares for the CompTIA A+ certification exam as well as the TestOut PC Pro certification exam. Performs real-world skills that are required for an IT Support Specialist. (45-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate knowledge in Information Technology.
- Demonstrate fundamentals of computer technology and specifications.
- Describe computer components, and make informed choices about which device characteristics are required for your situation.
- Install and configure PC operating systems.
- Identify system requirements when purchasing a new computer.
- Install printers using the correct cabling, connections, and ports.
- Manage external devices.
- Demonstrate proper operational procedures.
Perform job-related tasks for computer and networking systems.
- Install and configure PCs, laptops, and related hardware.
- Install and configure basic networks.
- Install and configure common mobile operating systems.
- Troubleshoot basic workstation security issues.
- Diagnose and repair common computer problems.