Network+ Certification PrepCST 274
Prerequisite: CST 270. (May be taken concurrently.) Reinforces the real-world skills required of a Network Administrator. Prepares for the CompTIA's Network+ certification exam as well as the TestOut Network Pro certification exam. (30-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate knowledge in Network Administration.
- Classify how applications, devices, and protocols relate to the OSI model layers.
- Explain the purpose and properties of IPv4 and IPv6 addressing.
- Explain the purpose and properties of routing and switching.
- Explain the function of common networking protocols.
- Explain the purpose and features of various network appliances.
- Apply appropriate configuration management documentation.
- Classify methods of network access security, common threats, vulnerabilities, and mitigation techniques.
Perform job-related tasks for networks.
- Categorize standard media types, connectors and associated properties.
- Compare and contrast different wireless standards.
- Plan and implement a basic SOHO network.
- Install and configure routers and switches.
- Use appropriate network monitoring resources to analyze traffic.
- Explain different methods and rationales for network performance optimization.
- Implement appropriate network security measures.