Connecting NetworksCST 264
Prerequisite: CST 260 with a minimum grade of "C." Discusses the WAN technologies and network services required by converged applications in a complex network. Explains the selection criteria of network devices and WAN technologies to meet network requirements. (15-30)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate understanding of Wide Area Network technologies.
- Identify different WAN technologies.
- Configure and verify a basic WAN serial connection.
- Configure and verify a PPP connection between routers.
- Configure and verify Frame Relay on routers.
- Implement and troubleshoot PPPoE.
Demonstrate understanding of hierarchical network models.
- List the structured engineering principles for network design.
- Describe the various modules in network design.
- Explain how the three layers of a hierarchical network are used in network design.
- Utilize NetFlow data to monitor the network.
- Troubleshoot and resolve STP operation issues.
- Troubleshoot and resolve inter-VLAN routing problems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve WAN implementation issues.
- Troubleshoot Etherchannel problems.
Describe and select WAN access technologies.
- Define WAN operations.
- Describe WAN services available.
- Compare various private and public WAN technologies.
- Select the appropriate WAN protocol and service for a specific network requirement.