Scaling NetworksCST 260
Prerequisite: CST 164 with a minimum grade of "C." Configures routers and switches for advanced functionality. Configures and troubleshoots routers and switches and resolves common issues with protocols in both IPv4 and IPv6 networks. (15-30)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate understanding of scalable networks.
- Explain the purpose of the spanning tree protocol in a switched LAN environment.
- Describe recommendations for designing a network that is scalable.
- Select the appropriate hardware to support network requirements in small- to medium-sized businesses.
Configure routers and routing protocols.
- Configure and verify operation status of a serial interface.
- Manage router operating system files.
- Differentiate methods of routing and routing protocols.
- Configure and verify OSPF (multi-area).
- Configure and verify EIGRP (single AS).
Identify and configure basic WANs.
- Identify different WAN technologies.
- Configure and verify a basic WAN serial connection.
- Configure and verify a PPP connection between routers.
- Configure and verify Frame Relay on routers.
- Implement and troubleshoot PPPoE.
Troubleshoot inter-VLANs and WANs.
- Identify and correct common network problems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve spanning tree operation issues.
- Troubleshoot and resolve routing issues.
- Troubleshoot and resolve OSPF problems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve EIGRP problems.