Advanced PC TroubleshootingCST 228
Covers common and advanced Microsoft Windows interface troubleshooting problems and techniques for solving them. Discusses function and structure of Microsoft Windows environment for managing operating systems and applications. (60-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Install Windows Operating Systems.
- Identify procedures for loading/adding and configuring application device drivers and the necessary software for certain devices. Apply preventive maintenance and troubleshooting techniques.
Optimize a computer operating system to improve performance.
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks on personal computer systems, and apply troubleshooting techniques.
Diagnose and troubleshoot common problems relating to Windows operating systems and applications.
- Recognize and interpret the meaning of common error codes and startup messages from the boot sequence. and identify steps to correct the problems, and apply preventive maintenance and troubleshooting techniques.
- Recognize common problems and determine how to resolve them by applying preventive maintenance and troubleshooting techniques.
Diagnose and solve Network problems.
- Identify the networking capabilities of Windows including procedures for connecting to the network, and apply preventive maintenance and troubleshooting techniques.
- Identify concepts and capabilities relating to the Internet and basic procedures for setting up a system for Internet access by applying preventive maintenance and troubleshooting techniques.
Apply necessary security measures.
- Implement security measures based on customer requirements, and apply preventive maintenance and troubleshooting techniques.
- Recognize, remove, and protect against malicious software.
Use professional skills and communication techniques.
- Work in groups.
- Apply the dynamic and collaborative nature of problem solving.
Explain the basic features of mobile devices and operating systems.
- Describe the process for replacing or upgrading portable device components.
- Describe the differences between Android and iOS operating systems.