Web Site DeploymentCST 219W
Prerequisite: CST 217. Provides capstone experience for development of a complete web site for realistic client needs. Includes determination of requirements and web system design from an actual or hypothetical client. Includes deployment of a web site with a well-defined home page, multiple content pages, required graphics, forms, and server database interaction. (0-30)
Outcomes and Objectives
Manage a web site development project.
- Communicate with client to acquire requirements for web site.
- Document web site design, layout, functionality, and specifications.
- Build and manage a project plan for web site development.
- Submit periodic project status reports.
- Plan and manage client meetings for project requirements.
- Manage project scope, schedule, and closure.
- Plan and manage meetings as required for project continuity.
- Effectively work with other project team members, if necessary.
- Share and delegate project tasks, if necessary.
Build a complete client web site.
- Design and build a home page that is attractive, informative, organized, and useful.
- Develop multiple web pages supporting client needs to present information.
- Implement effective web site navigation capabilities.
- Develop or acquire graphics and artwork necessary for web site.
- Design and build forms, server database interaction, and dynamic web pages.
- Develop methods for client to access and manage data from web site.
- Implement data security based on user requirements and constraints.
- Test web site with the involvement of the client.
- Design and build web site for ongoing management by client.
Deploy a client web site and plan or site maintenance.
- Acquire web site hosting service for client, if required.
- Implement site by installing files to web host.
- Develop a plan for web site maintenance.
- Train and advise client to use and maintain web site.