Introduction to Novell Network AdministrationCST 162
Prerequisite: CST 161. Introduces Novell NetWare. Covers installing NetWare, adding and deleting users, working with Novell Directory Services, setting up network printers, and maintaining security. (30-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate understanding of Novell Directory Services (NDS).
- Describe the components of NDS.
- Explain the use of each object in an NDS tree.
- Design an NDS tree.
- Use NetWare Administrator to create objects in an NDS tree.
- Create, move, rename and delete container objects.
- Create, move and rename leaf objects.
- Rename directory trees.
Demonstrate ability to successfully install NetWare.
- Explain the steps to install NetWare on the server.
- Identify and load drivers.
- Create NetWare disk partitions and volumes
- Load and unload NetWare Loadable Modules.
- Install software to allow a Windows workstation access to the NetWare server.
Demonstrate understanding of users, groups and login security.
- Explain how login security can restrict access to the server.
- Create new users and groups and assign access restrictions.
Demonstrate understanding NetWare trustee rights.
- Identify the components of NetWare trustee rights.
- Explain the Inherited Rights Filter.
- Use NetWare utilities to grant trustee rights and determine user effective rights.
Demonstrate understanding of network printing.
- Use NetWare Administrator to create, configure, and work with Novell Distributed Print Services Manager, gateways and printer agents.
- Configure workstations to direct printouts to the new NetWare printer.
- Manage print jobs using NetWare Administrator and Novell Print Manager.