Beginning Computer ConceptsCST 090
Provides the terminology needed to become familiar with a basic computer, the Windows operating system, the Internet, and office applications. Provides a hands-on setting focusing on basic computer techniques. Designed for those who lack familiarity with computer technology. This course does not count toward graduation. (45-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Use the Windows Operating System as it relates to the Internet.
- Open and close multiple internet applications.
- Use the Clipboard to Copy/Cut/Paste text and objects from a Web page.
- Save, Save As, and print files.
Perform simple e-mail tasks.
- Receive e-mail messages in a Web-based e-mail application.
- Send e-mail messages.
- Reply, Reply All, Forward, Courtesy Copy, and Blind Courtesy Copy messages.
- Delete e-mail messages.
Perform simple Web activities.
- Access various Delta College Web pages using links.
- Access a variety of Web pages given their addresses.
- Do simple research on the Internet using Search Engines and Web Directories.
Use the Windows Operating System as it relates to application programs.
- Open and close multiple office applications.
- Use the clipboard to Copy/Cut/Paste text and objects within a document and from document to document.
- Save, Save As, and Print files.
Perform basic skills in Word Processing.
- Define the basic terms used in Word Processing applications.
- Explore keyboarding techniques.
- Create new documents.
- Modify the content of existing documents.
- Apply simple formatting to documents such as bold, italics, underline, and centering.
Perform basic skills in the use of an Electronic Worksheet.
- Define the basic terms used in Worksheet applications.
- Insert numbers and text in an existing Worksheet.
- Add the numbers in a column.
- Apply simple formatting to a Worksheet.
- Create a basic graph.
Perform basic skills in Presentation Graphics.
- Define the basic terms used in Presentation Graphics applications.
- Modify an existing presentation.
- Create a basic presentation using basic slide layouts and a template.
- Display a slide show.