Process ControlCPI 230
Prerequisite: CPI 220 with a grade of "C" or better. Provides an introduction to basic process control concepts. Discusses controllers/control valves, instrument and process control, statistical process control (SPC), run and flow charts, quality systems, team concepts, and environmental health and safety issues. (45-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate understanding of controller/control valves.
- Demonstrate how to utilize controllers/control valves in a process.
- Recognize and demonstrate concepts in control technology.
- Understand and utilize run and flow charts.
Demonstrate understanding of instrument and process control.
- Demonstrate understanding of methods and uses of instrument and process control.
- Demonstrate instrument and process control on simulator/pilot plant.