Introduction To Chemical Process IndustriesCPI 110
Concurrent enrollment in CPI 120 recommended. Provides overview of Chemical Process Industries and Chemical Technology with focus on the role of the process operator and the chemical technician. Introduces concepts of safety, regulation, laws affecting the job and the industry, and quality control. Includes study skills and attitudes necessary for study of science/technology as well as means of continuing professional and personal growth. Credit may be earned in CPI 110 or CT 100 but not both. (30-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Identify industry and process types.
- Identify skills for Chemical Process Operators and Chemical Technicians
- Identify Process Industry/Chemical Technology Types
- Understand the rolls of a Process Operator/Chemical Technician
Learn to identify personally effective learning styles appropriate to chemical technician/chemical process operator curriculum.
- Survey and interpret a personal learning style
- Understand the methods and skills needed to be successful in science technology courses.
Understand the principles of chemical safety.
- Typical worker hazard exposures
- Principles of Process Safety Management
- Community/Worker Right-To-Know
- Basic Environmental Health and Safety Regulations
Understand quality systems.
- How quality systems (ISO 9000 and ISO 14000) relate to Process Operations/Chemical Technician roles.
Understand means of improving professional skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform effective literature searches using current technologies and professional publications.
- Demonstrate effective technical oral presentations.
Understand how to promote personal skills and values to the technical community.
- Prepare an effective technical resume
- Understand the components of a successful technical interview