Certified Nursing Assistant TrainingCNA 100W
Prerequisites: Prerequisites: READING LEVEL 4, WRITING LEVEL 2, and MATH LEVEL 2.
Corequisite: CNA 100LW. A Criminal Background Check must be completed and approved before entering the clinical agency. Introduces theory related to basic patient care and activities of daily living. Successful completion of the course with a grade of "C" or better entitles the student for eligibility to take a competency evaluation exam to attain state certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant. A final grade of "F" will be assigned in both theory and lab if either course is not successfully completed. Students are not eligible for a course refund, beyond the college defined refund period, if a determination has been made by the clinical agency that prevents the student from entering the facility for any reason. (56-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Provide quality services to residents in long-term care, home care, and acute care facilities.
- Form a relationship, communicate, and interact competently on a one-to-one basis with the residents (clients/patients).
- Demonstrate sensitivity to residents' emotional, social, and mental health needs through skillfully directed interactions.
- Assist residents in attaining and maintaining functional independence.
- Exhibit behavior in support and promotion of residents' rights.
- Demonstrate observational and documentation skills needed in the assessment of residents' health, physical condition, and well-being.