Learning Center ActivitiesCD 112W
Prerequisite: READING LEVEL 2 or WRITING LEVEL 2. Provides the basic curriculum and organizational skills needed to work in an early childhood program. Identifies, develops and presents developmentally appropriate activities for the early childhood classroom. (45-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Identify, develop and present developmentally appropriate activities in the art, table toys/floor toys, group time/music, science/snack and pretend learning centers.
- Identify developmentally appropriate activities for each learning center.
- Develop lesson plans that are developmentally appropriate activities for each learning center.
- Demonstrate a developmentally appropriate activity for each learning center to their peers.
Compile an organized portfolio of developmentally appropriate learning center activities of the student's own work, as well as gathered materials from peers and workshops.
Promote writing tasks to promote learning.
- Understand and analyze information in written form.
- Explain the subject matter in a coherent writing style.
- Evaluate the information.