Heating and Air Conditioning Level 1AUTO 107
Introduces inspection and maintenance of vehicle HVAC systems. Practices NATEF tasks to MLR (maintenance and light repair) level related to HVAC systems. (30-15)
Outcomes and Objectives
Complete general Level 1 NATEF tasks as listed below.
- Research applicable vehicle and service information, vehicle service history, service precautions, and technical service bulletins.
Complete Level 1 NATEF tasks related to Refrigeration System Components as listed below.
- Inspect and replace A/C compressor drive belts, pulleys, and tensioners; determine necessary action.
- Identify hybrid vehicle A/C system electrical circuits and the service/safety precautions.
- Inspect A/C condenser for airflow restrictions; determine necessary action.
Complete Level 1 NATEF tasks related to Heating, Ventilation, and Engine Cooling Systems as listed below.
- Inspect engine cooling and heater systems hoses; perform necessary action.
Complete Level 1 NATEF tasks related to Operating Systems and Related Controls as listed below.
- Inspect A/C-heater ducts, doors, hoses, cabin filters, and outlets; perform necessary action
- Identify the source of A/C system odors.