Basic Service AdvisingASEP 219
Introduces entry level skills needed to perform as a service consultant in a service repair facility. Emphasizes new car dealerships; however also benefits aftermarket shops as well. (60-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Introduces the importance of proper automotive service documentation.
- Identify and transcript Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) properly.
- Insure state regulations regarding estimates of vehicle repair costs are completed correctly.
- Insure repair order has all necessary closing documentation.
Define, transcript, and analyze customer concerns related to a variety of automotive systems.
- Introduce listening skills in a high pressure environment.
- Allow student to practice interpretation of nonverbal reactions from a customer.
- Introduce and practice investigative questioning related to customer concerns.
Introduce and practice time management skills in a variety of shop situations.
- Introduce importance of maintaining a proper schedule.
- Allow student to practice satisfying multiple interests within the same time frame.
- Introduce the prioritization of emergency repairs as compared to current scheduled service.
Introduce and practice math skills needed to complete business transactions.
- Practice writing estimates.
- Practice calculating flat rate fees.
- Practice a variety of ways to convey safety measurements to a customer.