Prerequisites: Prerequisites: ART 112 and ART 115 both with a grade of "C" or better.
Explores various traditional and contemporary printmaking methods and techniques to produce prints. Employs concurrent technologies such as block printing press and digital imaging methods. (0-90)
Outcomes and Objectives
Identify various printmaking methods.
- Classify specific printmaking methods such as block printing, intaglio printing, lithography, screen printing, digital printing, etc.
Use relevant tools and techniques in construction of print matrices.
- Employ relevant block cutting tools on wood or linoleum to cut a block matrix
- Use associated metal plates and/or chemistry to incise or etch an inaglio plate
- Use associated lithographic crayon/s, touche/s and gum/s to etch the lithographic matrix
Employ various print equipment to create printed images.
- Employ printing press to pull prints
- Employ concurrent technologies to produce prints
Explore various papers to create prints.
- Use rice paper, rag paper, handmade paper, digital paper, and other print papers to create printed images