Art History TravelART 256W
Prerequisites: Prerequisites: Completion of any ENG Composition I course with a grade of "C" or higher; or ART 152W with a grade of "C" or higher.
Examines art from major collections in specified locale. Provides opportunity for travel, engagement in related readings, and a variety of discussions on artworks, relevant museum(s), and historical contexts. Includes written formal analysis using contemporary theoretical methods. Expenses for travel are the responsibility of the student. (45-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Identify art styles and artworks that are historically relevant.
- Classify specific artists and artworks into relevant stylistic trends or movements.
Use relevant art historical vocabulary in discussion of art.
- Describe artworks.
- Analyze artworks employing contemporary theoretical analytic methods such as; formalism, iconography, Marxism, feminism, semiology, deconstruction and psychoanalysis.
Construct various effective written analyses of works of art.
- Employ contemporary theoretical analytic methods to construct written analyses of artworks.
Travel to specified location to visit major art museum collections.
- Examine artworks face-to-face.
- Relate artworks to readings and discussions.