Mural PaintingART 220
Prerequisites: Prerequisites: ART 112 and ART 115 both with a grade of "C" or better.
Introduces techniques in mural painting with an emphasis on community involvement. (0-90)
Outcomes and Objectives
Identify historically significant murals and works of public art.
- Collect and categorize examples of public murals to draw inspiration from.
- Develop a working knowledge of the history of mural painting through assigned reading and in class presentations.
Prepare a proposal for a public mural.
- Describe the process of submitting a public art proposal.
- Prepare a proposal for a public mural.
Apply the various methods of mural and large-format painting.
- Employ painting applications within a large, formal, collaborative public project.