Art EducationART 113
Prerequisites: Prerequisites: READING LEVEL 2 and WRITING LEVEL 3.
Develops the ability to stimulate children's creative interests. Acquaints the student with a variety of teaching methods and materials appropriate to child development. (45-45)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate development of creative abilities through personal involvement in art experiences.
- Observe and differentiate between the perceptual processes (highlighting the aesthetics of beauty) resulting in the completion of a 2-dimensional and/or 3-dimensional art project expressed in the form of crayon resist, photo montage, and/or clay.
- Complete projects aimed at specific qualities and functions of different creative mediums such as pencil, chalk, and photo images.
- Complete design projects which exhibit the appreciation of color theory, positive-negative shapes, basic shapes, rhythm, abreaction, realism, and non-objective.
- Exhibit successful sensitivity, handling and craftsmanship of each medium utilized in the projects.
Relate classroom art experiences to elementary teaching situations.
- Verbalize in classroom discussion principles and philosophy of art in education, teaching situations, and school curricula.
- Target specific art projects, for example, the creation, design, authorship, and completion of a children's book assigned during the semester to the appropriate child growth and development stages in elementary education schools.
- Participate in discussion and self-discovery regarding practical problem solving in the classroom, methods of teaching, handling of supplies and materials.