Drawing IIART 112
Prerequisite: ART 111. Continues the exploration of formal aspects of visual art with emphasis placed on articulating a personal response to various drawing problems. Practices drawing techniques and processes at the intermediate level using a variety of drawing media. (0-90)
Outcomes and Objectives
Develop a critical understanding of the formal aspects of drawing.
- Discuss the elements of art and design in art-historic references, instructor demonstrations and student work.
- Apply knowledge of these elements to the drawing process through practice.
- Analyze the formal aspects of student work, both in written and verbal critiques.
- Synthesize information from various sources.
Practice the technical application of various drawing media.
- Demonstrate drawing techniques.
- Practice drawing techniques.
- Participate in group critiques.
Gain a critical understanding of drawing concepts with emphasis placed on personal response.
- Synthesize information from Instructor's lectures, demonstrations and supplemental reading, and test this information in drawing projects.
- Respond to Instructor feedback by making revisions to work that is in progress.
- Articulate knowledge of drawing concepts during class critique.
- Develop personal themes through informal writing in sketchbooks.
- Develop variations on themes through sketches.
Interact productively with others in the studio environment.
- Participate in peer review.
- Engage in arranged and impromptu discussions on the progress of student work.
- Share resources and space.