Drawing IART 111
Introduces techniques in various drawing media and concepts in visual art with emphasis in drawing from observation. (0-90)
Outcomes and Objectives
Gain a critical understanding of the formal aspects of two dimensional art.
- Discuss the elements of art and design in art-historic references, instructor demonstrations and student work.
- Apply knowledge of these elements to the drawing process through practice.
- Analyze the formal aspects of student work, both in written and verbal critiques.
- Synthesize information from various sources.
Practice the technical application of various drawing media with an emphasis placed on drawing from observation.
- Demonstrate drawing techniques.
- Practice drawing techniques.
- Participate in group critiques.
Gain a critical understanding of drawing concepts, and gain visual literacy.
- Synthesize information from Instructor's lectures, demonstrations and supplemental reading, and test this information in drawing projects.
- Respond to Instructor feedback by making revisions to work that is in progress.
- Articulate knowledge of drawing concepts during class critique by learning and using the specialized language.
Interact productively with others in the studio environment.
- Participate in peer review
- Engage in arranged and impromptu discussions on the progress of student work.
- Share resources and space.