AutoCAD ApplicationsARC 118
Prerequisite: ARC 114. Uses and expands on commands learned in ARC 114, AutoCAD Basics. Accomplishes this through the development of various additional working drawings such as elevations, sections and details. (45-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate knowledge of basic AutoCAD commands.
- Illustrate concepts of file management
- Draw lines using multiple methods
- Use line manipulation commands to build components
- Utilize hatch and other fill techniques
- Incorporate dimensioning in drawings
- Complete drawing setup in preparation for plotting
Derive a sectional view from an existing floorplan.
- Interpret structure to devise an accurate section view
- Use AutoCAD commands to translate from plan to section
- Analyze structural information as it relates to new section
Conceptualize elevations from floorplan.
- Formulate an impression of the exterior from floorplan
- Use AutoCAD commands to translate from plan to elevation
- Use template techniques to build basis for elevations
- Embellish elevation with AutoCAD symbols and hatching
Construct representative details.
- Isolate critical areas needing clarification by detail
- Use scaling operations to draw detail at a larger scale
- Investigate structural data to complete accurate details