Introduction to QuickBooksACC 110
Prerequisite: MATH LEVEL 2 and CST 103 or equivalent computer background. Introduces the use of QuickBooks to assist in the basic accounting function in a small business or office environment. This course is appropriate for students desiring these skills and/or in office systems, small business management, trades or medical programs. (15-0)
Outcomes and Objectives
Demonstrate a working knowledge of basic data entry functions in QuickBooks software.
- Identify various sources and documents regarding accounts payable.
- Perform data entry for processing accounts payable.
- Identify various source documents regarding accounts receivable.
- Perform data entry for processing accounts receivable.
- Process cash reconciliation.
Demonstrate the production of appropriate outputs regarding accounts payable and accounts receivable in QuickBooks.
- Produce checks from QuickBooks.
- Run accounts payable reports.
- Process deposits and other receipts.
- Run accounts receivable reports.
- Run reports for reconciliation.
Demonstrate the production of appropriate reports from QuickBooks for an office environment.
- Produce monthly reports for documentation of transactions.
- Produce monthly cash-based financial statements.