Fast track your career in Human Resources with HRCI’s Associate Professional in Human Resources™ (aPHR™) certification training at Delta College. The aPHR™ is the first-ever HR certification designed for professionals who are just beginning their HR career journey and proves your knowledge of foundational Human Resources.
Our aPHR™ certification exam preparation has been created using the aPHR™ exam content outline which details the knowledge needed by those performing early HR career roles. In just 7 weeks you’ll learn essential practices in the HR field such as HR Operations, Recruitment and Selection, Compensation and Benefits, Human Resource Development and Retention, Employee Relations, as well as Health, Safety and Security. In addition to preparing to take the certification exam, you’ll gain further practice in over 30 aPHR™ TASKS that have been identified by HRCI as items an individual would likely be expected to perform at the early HR career level. After you’ve prepped and have the confidence and knowledge you need to take the certification test, you can register online and take the test at a Prometric testing center location as close as Lansing! Once awarded, your aPHR™ certification will be valid for three (3) years after testing!
Average pay for a human resources assistant is $35,600 per year. Those just getting started generally start around $23,800, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as $48,500. This is a great way to get a jump start in the growing field of human resources.
In this field, it is estimated that you could earn an average of $35,600 per year.
Visit Career Coach for more details.
- Human Resources Assistant
- Human Resources Specialist
- Small Business Management/Entrepreneurship
Visit LifeLong Learning for dates and times of all upcoming training opportunities.
A Human Resources Assistant:
- Arranges for advertising or posting of job vacancies and notifies eligible workers of position availability.
- Processes and reviews employment applications to evaluate applicants' qualifications or eligibility.
- Requests information from various references to determine applicants' employment acceptability.
- Selects applicants meeting specified job requirements and refers them to hiring personnel.
- Informs job applicants of their acceptance or rejection of employment.
- Explains company personnel policies, benefits and procedures to job applicants or employees.
- Processes, verifies and maintains personnel related documentation.
- Records data for each employee, including such information as addresses, earnings, absences, performance evaluations and dates of and reasons for terminations.
- Provides assistance in administering employee benefit programs and worker's compensation plans.
No prerequisites are required for this class.
Admission to Delta College isn't required for this program. Please contact the LifeLong Learning department directly to register for this class or you may choose to register online.
Textbooks are not required for this course. All the required materials you'll need are included in this course and will be provided during class!
Funding you may qualify for:
The Board of Trustees Grant: To make an appointment, please call the Financial Aid Office at 989-686-9080. In Midland call 989-495-4000 ext. 9080. Eligibility requirements apply. Download the Board of Trustees Grant Application for complete details.
Michigan Works!: Sixteen Michigan Works! Agencies oversee local Michigan Works! Service Centers, where job seekers and employers can access services. Call Saginaw 989-249-5232, Bay 989-667-0500 or Midland 989-631- 3073 or visit the Michigan Works! website for a complete listing of Michigan Works! One-Stop Service Centers.
Note: The Pell grant does not apply to non credit programs.
Facts & Figures
100% of recent students agreed that their expectations were met in attending this class!
The Board of Trustees Grant may be available for eligible students enrolling in short-term training programs. If assistance is awarded, it may cover up to 1/3 of the cost of the course not to exceed $692.