Interested in a career in CNC Machining? Come to our info session to find out more about our accelerated 11-week program in which you can earn your Computer Numerical Control Certificate of Achievement. Info session is Thursday, March 23 at 2:30pm in room L105 on Delta College's main campus.
With renewed interest in Michigan's manufacturing sector, job opportunities are expanding. The entry-level hourly wage is approximately $12.50, and people at the mid-point of their careers are earning around $41,000.
Some of the duties of a CNC operator include:
- Studying blueprints or sketches
- Building tooling, jigs or fixtures
- Programming and editing
- Machining work pieces
- Inspecting and certifying product for dimensional accuracy
- Light-duty repair and maintenance of the CNC machine
Benefits of Delta's program
- The CNC certificate of achievement program prepares you for entry-level positions.
- Accelerated program is 11 weeks long, May 8 through July 24, 2017.
- Classes meet Monday through Thursday. Job shadowing experience on Friday.
- Sessions are held during the day, approximately 8am - 4pm.
For more information: Computer Numerical Control and Manufacturing and Industrial
Technology Program Coordinator
Terry Morse, Associate Professor
Technical, Trades and Manufacturing Division